Anchored In Tradition,
Looking Toward The Future
Jay G. Williams
Jay is a lifelong Clinton resident and graduated from Hamilton College in 1983. He graduated from Albany Law School in 1986 and was subsequently admitted to the New York State bar, the Northern District of New York and the Second Circuit.
He and his wife Kim have six children. They reside on a horse farm in Clinton and are actively engaged in Carriage Driving. He served on the Board of the Cherry Valley Carriage Association.
Jay is proud of his Welsh heritage and has served as President of the St. David's Society of Utica and the National Welsh American Foundation. He is a frequent conductor of hymn sings across the country. He has also writen books on Welsh chapels.
He is also very active in the Clinton community where he has served on the Clinton Chamber of Commerce and Dollars for Scholars boards.
He currently serves as President of the Community Wellness Partners board, which runs three nursing homes. He is a member of the Oneida County Office for the Aging advisory council.
Jay enjoys the general practice of law, specializing in civil litigation, matrimonial and family law. He also has an extensive estate and real estate practice. The sign on his door says "outsource your problems" which he takes very seriously.
Since 2001 Jay has served as the pastor of the Augusta Presbyterian Church and he has been the Town Justice in the Town of Kirkland for over a decade.
- Civil Litigation
- Workers Compensation
- Albany Law School of Union University, Albany, New York
- J.D. - 1986
- Hamilton College, Clinton, New York
- A.B. - 1983
- New York, 1987
- New Jersey, 1986
- U.S. District Court Northern District of New York, 1987
- Oneida County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2005 to 2007
- New York State Bar Association, Torts, Insurance and Compensation Law Sections, Member
- Counsel: Oneida County Habitat for Humanity, 1990
- Southwest Oneida County Landfill, 2007
- Participant, Community Activities including Clinton and Oneida County Historical Societies
- Director, Utica Symphony Orchestra
- St. David’s Society of Utica
- National Welsh American Foundation
- Member, Boards of the Presbyterian Homes of Central New York
- Dollars for Scholars
- Town of Kirkland, Councilman, 1990 to 1993